Thursday, June 23, 2011

ECC Weeks 12-17 Norway, France & Germany - A Recap of Our 2010-2011 School Year in Pictures

EUROPE (Norway, France & Germany)


WEEKS 12-13 - Norway

The craft projects for Norway were Rosemaling and Lapland felt squares.

The directions in the Global Art book didn't always fit our family.  One was the Rosemaling project.   So I modified it.

The kids did their Rosemaling projects with thin wood boxes, stencils and markers instead of cardboard chests and paint.



 The lapland project was pretty simple.  Just blue felt, scraps of red and yellow felt and different trims such as rickrack and ribbon.  I helped Roo cut out her triangles but Beau wanted to cut his triangles out himself.  This was another project they both enjoyed.




Instead of doing an entire lapbook for Norway I came up with the idea to just do a lapbook page.


For part of our science we did a tree lapbook.



  

WEEKS 14-15 - France

For France our TM called for making your own Eiffel Tower out of the medium of your choice such as cardboard, craft sticks, legos, etc.  I found a 3D Eiffel Tower puzzle at Michael's so we used that.  This was again, another enjoyable activity.




Here is a picture of our France lapbook page. 


  
Since the science was sort of general for Europe, we completed an animal classification lapbook and many of the pages from the back of our Complete Book of Animals workbooks.  (The ones with the Orca on the front.)  I also read the animal classification section from our DK Encyclopedia of Animals.  (It's the one with the big white polar bear on the front.)  These coincided very well and I think we all really enjoyed this study.

I think we worked on this lapbook through Germany as well.



WEEKS 16-17 - Germany

For some reason I didn't take a lot of pictures during Germany.  We did play with the Modeling Beeswax.  I don't think Beau really cared for the beeswax because it took a little patience and the warmth of your hands to mold it.  Roo really enjoyed it, though.  I think we also did all the experiments listed in the TM for these two weeks but no pictures other than the Germany lapbook page.


Africa is next.

1 comment:

  1. I found your June 2011 post on Norway/rosemaling art project - could you tell me where you found the stencils you used for your project on the box? Deb B.

    ReplyDelete