Friday, June 24, 2011

ECC John 3:16 Pages & World Paper Dolls

I almost forgot that I wanted to add our John 3:16 pages and paper dolls we worked on all year.

During our study of each country we colored a John 3:16 page.  It had the scripture translated into the appropriate language for each country.  I would then put the pages in sheet protectors and tape them on the other closet door in our classroom.  (The top closet door was covered in lapbooks.)

 
We also made paper dolls for each country that we could match.  We used paper doll cut outs printed from the web site makingfriends.com.  Sometimes there was only a girl or only a boy that would match but we made it work.  We taped each doll under our John 3:16 banner.  We started at the center and moved out from there as the year went on.

 
We started with Patriotic and Native American paper dolls for the U.S.  Then Fiesta for Mexico.  For Canada I came up with my own by using the ice skater outfit, football outfit and a clip art flag I found online.  Beau did an African boy and Roo did an Irish Step Dancer for Europe.  Then we moved on to India, China, Japan and Australia.  For Antarctica we used Winter paper dolls.  Both kids enjoyed this activity.  Yes, even my boy.  :)

5 comments:

  1. Hi Tammie! Thank you for blogging your weekly ECC! We just finished MFW 1st and I did the same thing. I am planning on printing it into a book as a keepsake :) We will be doing ECC in the fall and I will definately check out your ideas!

    Have a great weekend!
    Kattie
    http://2ladybugsandalizard.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey love the verse and dolls. I have the dolls printed. Where did you get the verse?
    Monica
    www.discovertheirgifts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kattie. We just received our 'blog book' a couple of days ago. We all love it. We got it through blogspot.sharedbook.com and the price was very reasonable. It was actually cheaper than the yearbook I purchased from our homeschool group.

    Monica, I printed the verse from an old scrapbooking program I have. It's called PrintMaster Premier 7.0. I used the banner feature and printed it on card stock.

    Tammie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute...I just found your blog from MFW forum. I love the paper dolls - we just finished ECC too. Thanks for posting these! I just started blogging this summer - wish I'd found your blog during the year - it would have been fun to show my kids what your kids were doing too! Are you doing CTG this year? We will be doing 1st & CTG. Loved your lapbooks too - I just started those this summer with a math "camp" we held with their friends! I will definitely be adding those in from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ashley! I didn't actually start a blog until April but decided to go back through and post about our entire school year. Yes, we are doing CTG this year. We will officially start Monday! I'll soon be posting what lapbooks we plan to use this year as well. (The Old Testament one from Homeschool in the Woods and Ancient Egypt and Ancient Greece from homeschoolshare.com) Tammie :)

    ReplyDelete