Wednesday, June 6, 2012

CTG Weeks 13-14

We have finished our year with My Father's World Creation to the Greeks but so far I have only blogged about our year up to week 12.  I really wanted to go back and catalog some of the things we have completed for this year so here goes.

CTG - WEEK 13

We were in the middle of studying God and the 10 plagues.  For boils I used a large hole punch (1" I think) to punch red circles out of paper.  Then I helped the kids tape them on their bodies.  The tape made them itch so it sort of gave them a small idea of what it would have been like to actually have boils.  I could hardly get them to keep the 'boils' on long enough for me to take a few pictures.  LOL!!


During our study of Bach we listened to the radio broadcast from classicsforkids.com about Johann Sebastian Bach and we watched the DVD Mr. Bach Comes to Call.  We were able to rent the DVD through our local library system.  The kids really enjoyed this DVD.
Classical Kids: Mr. Bach Comes to Call



CTG - Week 14


During our study of The Exodus we did the optional manna activity.  I got up before the kids and laid down an old clean sheet on the family room floor.  I then popped a bag of popcorn and laid it out on the sheet.  (No butter, no salt popcorn would have been best but I used what I had.)  I then woke up the kids and told them breakfast was ready.  They enjoyed collecting and eating popcorn for breakfast but I couldn't convince them to have the leftovers for lunch.  They couldn't even make it past breakfast.  They would not have done well in the wilderness.





We watched the Dreamworks DVD The Prince of Egypt.  The kids talked about the things in the movie that did not go along with what the Bible said.  They enjoyed pointing out the differences.




We also watched part 2 of What's In the Bible? #2.  My kids, especially my son, really enjoy these DVD's.

Buck Denver Asks..What's In The Bible 2

No comments:

Post a Comment