Friday, April 8, 2011

My first post...

As you can see from my profile, we are a Christian, homeschooling family.

For our one room, well actually all over the house, school house we are using curriculum created by a company by the name of My Father’s World. Their programs allow us to be united as a family. We are able to study the Bible, geography, history, science and art together while each child focuses on and works at their own skill level in language arts and math.

We are currently using year one of their five year history cycle. Year one is a study of world geography and lays the groundwork for the next four years in the cycle. This cycle is geared for 3rd-8th graders with younger siblings joining in at their own skill level.

This year we are learning about all the continents and ‘visiting’ a few countries along the way. All the while we are learning to have a Biblical world view as we learn to pray for the different people groups as we go.

So far this year we have studied the U.S., Mexico, Canada, Brazil, Kenya, Norway, France, Germany, Saudi Arabia, India, China and Japan. We are now headed to Russia. We will then visit Australia. We will end the school year with a brief study of the continent of Antarctica before our final review. Wow! Where has the year gone?

I hope you enjoy my ramblings as I begin this new journey of sharing about our adventures.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Tammie,
    I am a new homeschooler with a son starting 4th grade next year and a daughter starting 1st grade. I am very interested in the MFW curriculum. I was wondering your thoughts on using both the 1st grade and the ECC. Did you only do ECC? Thanks for any advice you can give me! Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I am so late in responding. My dd did LA and math with MFW but we did the science, etc. from ECC and dropped most of the 1st Grade extras.

    ReplyDelete