Friday, May 27, 2011

Recent findings I thought I would share

I just discovered a series that's new, at least to me, that I thought I would pass on to anyone interested. It's so difficult to find non-fiction books about animals without an evolutionary tone so when I came across this series I was so excited. It’s the ZonderKids I Can Read! series level 2 books called Made By God. Some of the books in the series include the following titles:

Cats, Dogs, Hamsters and Horses
Spiders, Snakes, Bees and Bats
Big Bugs, Little Bugs
Barnyard Critters

And some of the titles I think would go well as book basket books for ECC are:

Rainforest Friends
Sea Creatures
Polar Pals
Curious Creatures Down Under
Forest Friends

I also found a lap and notebook series available through currclick.com that I think would go well with ECC. It’s called Discovering the Continents: Animals of …   It’s pretty reasonably priced. It’s also available in a bundle package at a discounted price.

For ECC this year I researched and put together my own lapbooks, for the most part. This series looks like it may have made my life a lot easier. I’m making a note in my TM for the next time around.


I'll be posting about our end of year activities very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment