Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Our Lapbooks from Canada to India

I thought I would go ahead and post which lapbooks and components we used for ECC this year. Most everything came from homeschoolshare.com.

There is a lapbook for Mexico and lots of U.S. info available at homeschoolshare.com but I didn't discover lapbooking until we were ready to start Canada so my list is as follows:

Canada - HSS
Brazil - HSS
Rain Forest - HSS under 'The Great Kapok Tree'
Tree - HSS
Norway Page - HSS 'Where in the World...' and flag. Clip art from internet
searches.
France Page - same as above
Germany - same as above
Animal Classification - HSS
Kenya Page - same as other country pages listed above
Animals of Africa - HSS but compiled from various animal lapbook components
Saudi Arabia Page - Similar to other country pages listed above but without flag
page
Camels - HSS
India Page - same as other country pages listed above
Tigers - HSS


I previously posted the China/Giant Pandas and Japan/Oceans lapbooks.  You can view those in more detail below.

We are currently working on a Russia Lapbook from HSS. We plan to work on an
Australia page or lapbook and probably the coral reef lapbook but I'm leaning
toward the marsupial lapbook since we just studied oceans. I'm not sure yet. I
also plan to do some penguin and Antarctica components when we get there.

I usually type up the answers in advance if there is a lot of writing involved
since we are dealing with dyslexia/dysgraphia. It's more work for me but the
lapbooks really seem to be working for my dc so I don't mind too much. ;)


I may post these lapbooks in more detail this summer but I might get busy and not get around to it so I am including an overview picture of all the lapbooks from Canada to India/Tigers.  These are all taped to our closet door in our 'class room'.

6 comments:

  1. These are wonderful to SEE for a visual! We are doing ECC for the upcoming school year and use HSS for FIAR so this is great to see them working together. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. I am glad this was beneficial to someone besides myself. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammie, thank you for taking the time to post pictures of your lapbooks! They look GREAT!!

    We'll be doing ECC next year, and it's so good to have one more tool to put in our tool box! :)

    From a very visual person, thanks again for sharing this idea and *especially* the pictures. :)

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jennifer. I appreciate the comments.

    The World Geography book was too much for my kids and the Properties of Ecosystems book was usually a bit over their heads so I added lapbooks. I still read POE and do most of the experiments but we just seemed to need more. I found lapbooks and my kids enjoy doing them so that's what I added. I do add the Complete Book of Animals when applicable. We enjoy that as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for posting this. We are doing ECC this year (off to Australia next week), and I am considering doing a few lapbooks this summer to review before diving into Creation to the Greeks. Awesome job by your kiddos! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda,

    You're welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed them.

    Tammie :)

    ReplyDelete